As the world strives to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus, we are all working hard to keep our families and communities safe and healthy. Here at Join, we are focused on maintaining the wellbeing of our employees while ensuring we continue to deliver the same level of service our customers depend on.
As many workforces have shifted to working from home, we have seen an increase in the need for stronger cybersecurity protections and remote network access.
To help during this unprecedented crisis, we are contributing in four key ways to help our customers, partners, and business across the CRE community navigate the immediate and post-crisis impact with strategic planning and guidance, all at no charge. We’re all in this together, and we’re here for you.
Helping Building Owners Safely Bring Tenants Back to the Office
Safer Building Access
- Track and improve individual traffic flow in building entries, lobbies, and elevators
- Schedule and communicate building entry and with tenants, guests, and deliveries
- Deliver new access and entry systems, such as thermal cameras and touchless tech, complete with secure, fiber connectivity
Tracing Presence and Movement
- Digitally identify individuals in the building, tracking occupancy throughout spaces and time duration
- Aggregate location, utilization and identity data for analysis
- Securely deliver data to occupants and other authorized parties through reports and APIs
Data Privacy and Compliance
- Strong individual data privacy compliance and secure protocols for collection and sharing
- Enterprise-grade, integrated cybersecurity, including data loss prevention
- Report and certify actual space density and physical distancing from targeted design
More Ways We're Helping Our Customers and Partners
Extended Workplaces VPN—at no charge
To help our customers meet the challenges to their business, we’ve developed a new VPN service to connect our customers to their Smart Workplaces network and cloud tools while they work from home.
- Our blazing fast, encrypted VPN securely connects you to your corporate network without compromises, so you can work at your speed
- Practice safe browsing with integrated cybersecurity features, including anti-virus and anti-malware, delivered via our cloud firewall
- Keep your identity, location, and traffic private. We’re data privacy compliant with CCPA, GDPR, and more
Business continuity and post-crisis planning—at no charge
To help navigate the economic impact of this crisis, our real estate technology and network experts are available for free consultations to address business continuity concerns and adapting to changes post-crisis.
- Technology changes: new tech adoption, additional privacy and security, increased use of the cloud
- Workforce changes: new wellness and safety expectations, responsive amenities and experiences
- Tenant mix changes: flex and tech-forward strategies to manage turnover, company resizing
- Increased analytics: improving utilization, responding to changing demands, automating operations
- Additional monitoring and management: remote monitoring of critical systems, centralizing and consolidation of systems
Uncapped, unthrottled Internet and cloud connectivity
For most providers, more speed means higher fees. Join believes everyone deserves the fastest download and upload speeds, free from limits or data caps—all of our customers depend on our exceptionally high standards. We’re carefully monitoring our entire network infrastructure to ensure customers enjoy the same fast, secure, uninterrupted connectivity and network access.
Increased 24/7 customer care
While we have suspended most non-emergency in-person support requests to keep your employees and ours safe, we have never been more committed to your success. In order to better help our customers and partners, Join has increased both our virtual support offering and our support hours to 8am to 6pm nationwide, with additional support available 24/7.
Best Practices to Stay Safe and Productive Working from Home
Staying safe and healthy
With the severity of this crisis, the last thing you should be worrying about is network security or how to access your corporate and cloud data.
Reducing cybersecurity risks
For most people, the typical home network is not as secure as cybersecurity teams would like. Find tips to securing your home like a Join Smart Workplace.
- Protect your corporate data and personal privacy. Use an encrypted VPN to protect your Internet and cloud traffic, and give you personal privacy. Use Join’s Extended Workplace VPN free of charge and get integrated cybersecurity features.
- Keep your equipment updated and patched. If you are storing corporate data on personal computers and mobile devices, you will need to be cautious and take extra steps to protect your devices.
- Be mindful of suspicious emails and websites. Hackers are taking advantage of people’s fears over COVID-19 to attack user devices with viruses and malware.
- Increase monitoring of corporate networks and add new security protections. Hackers are increasing their attacks on corporate networks, especially in industries like healthcare who are fighting the pandemic.
Helping employees with the transition
For many employees and employers, working from home presents unique challenges to productivity and security that aren’t always present in the office.
- Encourage more frequent check-ins and casual conversation. It can be easy for people to fall into bad habits when we can’t talk easily. Schedule times to talk and have group chats to maintain focus and ensure everyone meets goals and deadlines.
- Use more collaboration tools, like video conferencing. When you’re not face-to-face, it can be easy for people to lose that personal connection with colleagues. Organize video calls to keep your team connected and productive.
- Help employees optimize their home networks. Most home networks aren’t made for high-performance and security. Provide assistance to optimize router settings, keep equipment patched, or help set up stronger passwords and passphrases.