Join is seeking a Sr. Director of Strategic Alliances. The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping to define, create and lead the Join Strategic Alliance program.
This role will be responsible for defining the strategy for Join partnerships and alliance, crafting and gaining approval for the program, working with sales and product management to define the go to market strategy for each partner and then drive joint marketing and field enablement activities. Technology partners are an essential component of the Join ecosystem vision. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and requires a strong balance of leadership, program management, and relationship building skills. This is a full-time position based in the San Francisco and will report to the Vice President of Marketing & Market Development. The role will include a moderate amount of travel.
Collaborating with the leadership team, you will identify the value chain of partners for each of our target segments (owners, flex office operators and enterprises) that we want to build into our ecosystem. You will open doors with potential partners, lead exploratory discussions and evaluate/develop business opportunities. You will lead cross-functional teams to evaluate companies and solutions, provide thought leadership and serve as a mentor to other members of the Join team.
You are comfortable escalating and presenting business development strategies and key issues to senior management. You will work with sales, product management, development, finance and legal on new product initiatives and key strategic relationships.
In this role you’ll work closely with engineering, product management, marketing and a variety of external partners to bring new technologies to the Join platform. You will work closely with peers of all functions to help launch new products and technology solutions as well as maintaining key relationships that are essential to keep the ecosystem running smoothly.
- Define and gain approval for the Join Strategic Alliance Program
- Create program guidelines and methods for metrics and measurement
- Identify, develop and maintain business relationships with partners and gain exposure to partners’ business initiatives to positively impact user experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives, develop work plans, lead analysis, develop and communicate final recommendations.
- Influence and coordinate internal decision-making and prioritization across the business, engineering, product, and functional areas to enable clear, cohesive engagement plans for key partners.
- Develop a prioritized list of partners to target
- Serve as the lead for strategic partner integrations
- Execute joint partner marketing activities
- Develop and implement GTM plans with a select set of strategic technology partners that include KPIs tied to co-engineering, marketing, and sales
- Provide feedback to internal Join teams on additional needs to make partners successful.
- 8+ years of related industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record of building strong relationships and influencing partners
- A self-motivated leader who’s comfortable in a fast-moving, results-driven environment
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in security, cloud, networking, and the emerging CRETech sector
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college/university preferred or equivalent experience.
- Past experience in technology partnership leadership roles
- Successful candidates may also have had previous experience in Product Management
You are Perfect for this role if you possess and can demonstrate
- Motivation: A self-directed, extraordinarily driven, highly adaptable individual with outstanding communication and organizational skills who can prioritize and multi-task work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Initiative: Highly adaptive, able to identify issues. An agile self-starter results oriented and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Influence: Ability to influence across the organization, including senior management.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and excellent account management background?
- Have been working in the commercial real estate industry and looking to make a career change that will allow you to leverage your past experiences
- Passion: Love the idea of disruptive solutions that actually make a difference
- Out of the Box thinking: a strong aptitude for recognizing the big picture, while grounded enough to execute a strategy.
- Have strongly held opinions and principles and the flexibility to learn, grow and adapt
- Desire: To be part of a team that is going to disrupt many industries.
The role is fast-paced and will involve developing multiple workflows and you’ll have the opportunity to lead projects and teams that require collaboration across other functions. You will be instrumental in improving existing operations, commercializing new solutions, bridging product gaps, automating partner operations, and taking new initiatives from conception to successful deployment.
- BS or equivalent experience, graduate degree preferred