The Senior Manager/ Corporate Communications Manager will help design and execute a comprehensive external communications strategy to help us tell the Join story and build awareness and recognition for Join in the market.
You will craft and drive a media strategy that utilizes earned and owned channels to establish Join and our CEO/Founder’s thought leadership in the appropriate technology, business and real estate online and offline assets. You will work very closely with the VP of Marketing to build an outstanding communications platform for the company, our CEO and other executives. You will also help us establish a content and communications strategy for Join as well as for our social purpose initiatives. Along with the VP Marketing and CEO, you will help craft the Join messaging to our channels and partners.
- Develop and execute a media relations strategy to garner message-rich feature coverage in key business outlets
- Work with senior management to identify media-genic stories from across the Join market sectors.
- Work with our sales and marketing to uncover compelling data-derived stories
- Create strategic press communication for major Join moments throughout the year
- Design and manage executive communications for the CEO, VP of Marketing and other executive spokespeople, including major events, publications, and weekly communications
- Build awareness and understanding for the Join solution among property owners, REITs, Flex operators, our strategic partners and key influencers in the Join ecosystem.
- Identify and orchestrate speaking opportunities for senior management at high-level conferences and events, and create speeches and presentations for delivery
- Maximize Join’s business-facing owned channels with a regular cadence of social media and blog posts for Join, the CEO and other executive spokespeople
- Develop metrics and processes that measure communications impact and reinforce accountability
- A creative and resourceful thinker who is able to “find” stories within a company
- A person that loves engaging with our customers, partners, and end-users to develop a deep understanding of the impact of Join
- A passionate, mission-driven, and inspiring brand ambassador
- Driven to work with talented, motivated people who have a shared vision and passion to succeed
You’re qualified for this role if you have:
- 10 years of professional experience, specifically creating and driving a business and industry press strategy
- A strong track record of garnering feature coverage in premier business outlets
- Have demonstrated success in building a strong media presence across digital media properties
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and the ability to frame, position and influence
- A keen sense of how to understand and interpret analytical data to tell a story
- A deep understanding of corporate and consumer trends
You are perfect for this role if you have…
- A focus on helping to build high-performing organizations with high employee satisfaction
- A strong passion for technology and a strong aptitude for business strategy
- A collaborative personal style and ease in communicating with peers, executives, influencers, and key media, as well as individual users that are benefitting from Join solutions
- A great sense of humor and an ability to not take yourself too seriously
- An abiding belief that your success contributes to the team’s success and vice versa
- The ability to work at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA
- An understanding that the voices of Join customers are reflected in everything we do.
You’ll need the following skills…
- Leadership: Player Coach. The ability to lead by example, plan and execute programs that customers and partners love, and to influence the executive team on key strategies.
- Collaboration: Ability to work closely with peers, executives and individual contributors to a common goal.
- Writing: Ability to articulate and document the customers’ market problems clearly and separate distinct requirements from unstructured feedback and information.
- Relationships: Ability to build strong rapport and relationships with all of your constituents so as to most effectively represent the brand and the company.
- Listening: Ability to interview customers and partner in order to comprehensively understand their challenges.
- Presenting: Ability to both create effective presentations and communicate directly with the press, analysts, key influencers, and customers, and to speak in front of small and large audiences
- Process: Ability to create, execute, measure and assess the effectiveness of your programs and adapt on the fly as necessary
- Research: Ability to research key trends and messages that are effective in the market and adapt our approach accordingly.
What we will provide…
- An exciting, fast-paced, high-growth company where you can make an impact from day one
- A company that makes decisions based on facts and data, where your work makes a difference
- A small but experienced marketing team that welcomes the knowledge and experience you bring and values your contribution
- Amazing customers that absolutely love the technology and trust it to deliver important results for them every day
- A great management team that provides unmatched transparency into the business and welcomes diverse ideas and critical thinking
- A PFC (Primadonna-Free Culture)